We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Slimming World is a long-established UK weight loss company which has recently begun serving both the USA and Canada.
They operate a very successful weight-loss program as a weekly class for members as well as an extensive online program as well as publish a magazine entitled Slimming World.
The Slimming World Diet is based on its diet plan centered around their concept of “Food Optimising“.
All trade marks mentioned in this article are the property of the registered proprietor.
Food Optimising Plan
The Slimming World Food Optimising Diet Plan promotes weight-loss through calorie restriction in the diet, but in a way that promotes satiety and not starvation.
The Optimising Diet is based on these principles:
- Nutritious or filling foods having a low calorie content are termed “free foods” (that is, the quantity consumed is unrestricted).
- Some higher-calorie foods containing plenty of minerals, vitamins, or fiber are limited to 1 portion per day.
- Other high-calorie foods like cheeses are measured and eaten according to the meal plan provided.
For a better understanding of how food optimizing works, they have a free 7 day menu published on their website.
Body Magic Exercise
Exercise is an important part of Slimming World. However, they realize that exercise is difficult for some people, so they emphasize the importance of starting small and gradually increasing activity as strength increases and weight comes off.
Members are encouraged to regularly do 5-10 minutes of activity by starting off small — for example, just walking down the driveway or to the end of their street.
The ultimate goal is for Slimming World members to complete 30 minutes of exercise 5 times a week.
Built in Support
Slimming World recognizes that dieters can increase their chances of success drastically by having a support system in place.
Members are provided with a trained Slimming World Consultant that will answer questions, provide positive reinforcement, as well as offer suggestions for increased success on the diet.
Members are also asked to join a weight loss group either at their few centers in Texas, Canada, and the UK or online through their website member resources.
Sample Slimming World Meal Plan
1oz muesli and fat free vanilla yogurt.
Skinny latte and 1 banana.
Cheese and ham potato salad, made with baby potatoes, chives, scallions, fat-free Cheddar cheese and shredded, cubed lean ham
Spaghetti Bolognese, with an onion cooked in low-calorie spray, extra lean ground beef, tomatoes, mushrooms, bell peppers, grated carrot, celery, garlic and oregano.
Slimming World offers to levels of membership.
- Silver – which costs $65.00 for 3 months.
- Gold– which costs $85.00 for 3 months.
Slimming World Testimonial
Slimming World UK here.
Slimming World USA here.
By Mizpah Matus B.Hlth.Sc(Hons)
- Drewnowski, A. (2005). Concept of a nutritious food: toward a nutrient density score. The American journal of clinical nutrition, 82(4), 721-732. link
- Bandini, L. G., Vu, D., Must, A., Cyr, H., Goldberg, A., Dietz, W. H. (1999). Comparison of high‐calorie, low‐nutrient‐dense food consumption among obese and non‐obese adolescents. Obesity research, 7(5), 438-443. link
Last Reviewed: April 2, 2017
I just wanted to say how great this site is. The Macro-Nutrient and Daily Calorie Needs calculators I use all the time. Thank you!